Family Part 27

Crowley and Aziraphale lay cuddled in bed together.  Crowley had her head resting on Aziraphale's chest and Aziraphale was lightly running his fingers through her hair.  She sighed happily and closed her eyes just for a moment.  

"Darling, I wanted to discuss something with you."  Aziraphale said.  

"I'm not going to like it, am I?"  Crowley asked, wrinkling her nose.  

"Why do you say that?"  Aziraphale asked.  Crowley lifted her head a little bit.  

"Every time you want to talk about something that's not serious but that you think I'm not going to like, you preface it with earth shatteringly amazing sex."  Crowley said with a grin.

"Do I?"  Aziraphale raised an eyebrow.  

"Yes, you do."  Crowley nodding.  She gave him a quick kiss on the lips before laying her head on his chest again.  "And I am very okay with it."  She chuckled.  

"I see."  Aziraphale smiled.  

"So, what is it you want to talk about?"  Crowley started to trace little patterns on Aziraphale's skin with her fingers.  

"I was speaking with Newton and Anathema.  Their children are all grown and out of the house and they are getting older."  Aziraphale said.  

"That tends to happen with mortals, yes."  Crowley nodded a little.  

"They asked if I would mind terribly taking the bookshop back over so they could retire."  Aziraphale cleared his throat.  "Which would, of course, require me to move back to London...."  

"So you're leaving me then?"  Crowley lifted her head.  

"No, of course not."  Aziraphale shook his head.  "I thought that we could both move back to London together.  Let Newton and Anathema have the cottage to spend their retirement."   

"I see."  Crowley nodded and rested her head on his shoulder again.  "I suppose that wouldn't be too bad.  It would put us closer to Freddie and we could always miracle up any extra space we need."  

"Exactly.  So you're amenable?"  Aziraphale questioned, his fingers still running through Crowley's hair.  

"It wouldn't be a bad idea.  We really don't need this huge cottage all to ourselves, even with the possibility of the children visiting occasionally."  Crowley said with a shrug.  

"Excellent."  Aziraphale smiled.  "I'll let them know."  

"Now, my darling husband, I think that perhaps we should continue to enjoy having absolutely nothing to do for the rest of the day."  Crowley said with a smirk.  

"You are quite right, dear."  Aziraphale said before kissing his wife.  



"We're not supposed to be here until tomorrow."  Crowley said as they walked up to Evan's flat.  

"I'm sure it will be quite alright."  Aziraphale said with a smile, lightly knocking on the door.  A handsome young man answered the door in nothing but a pair of jeans.  His bright red hair and beautiful blue eyes were the first thing that Crowley noticed.  

"Mum....dad.   You're.....you're early."  

"Evan?"  Crowley asked with a raised eyebrow.  There was a little bit of a blush and a nod.  "I have three sons now?"  Crowley tilted her head.  Another nod in response.  

"I see. "  Aziraphale said and he and Crowley exchanged looks for just a moment.  "We seem to have interrupted something.  Shall we come back later, dear?"  Aziraphale asked.  

"Is this.....okay?"  Evan asked as he looked between his parents.  

"We just weren't entirely sure that you had this ability, dear, that's all."  Crowley smiled and patted her son on the cheek.  

"Who's at the door?"  A young woman's voice came from inside the flat.  

"Do we need to come back later?"  Crowley asked with a little bit of a smirk.  

"Um...no.  I think it'll be okay."  Evan shook his head.  

"Exactly how much does the young lady know?"  Aziraphale asked, trying to look over Evan's shoulder.  

"I told her everything.  She's very open minded, it's pretty cool."  Evan grinned.  He stepped aside to let his parents in.  There was a young woman sitting on the couch in a shirt that obviously belonged to Evan and some pajama pants.   "It's my parents."  Evan said to the young woman.  

"Oh goodness."  She said softly as she got to her feet and tried to straighten her hair as best she could.  "I would have dressed up if I'd known you were coming."  

"It's quite alright, dear."  Aziraphale said.  

"Don't worry about it at all."  Crowley smiled.   

"Mum, dad.  This is Michelle.  Michelle, my parents."  Evan said as he walked over and put an arm around Michelle's shoulders.  

"It's very lovely to meet you, Michelle."  Aziraphale said with a little bow.  

"Lovely to meet you as well."  Michelle smiled a little.  

"I told your father that we were going to be early but he didn't seem to think it would be a problem."  Crowley commented.  "It is lovely to meet you, dear."  

"Dad's only early when it's extremely inconvenient."  Evan said with a smirk and Crowley chuckled.  Aziraphale made a face.  

"Right.  I think that your father is probably rather hungry so we're going to go find something to eat."  Crowley grabbed Aziraphale's arm.  

"But I'm not... " Aziraphale started and then winced when Crowley pinched him.  

"It's very lovely to meet you Michelle.  Perhaps we can all have dinner together something before we head home."  Crowley gave the young woman a little wave.   "Evan, dear, we'll see you tomorrow."  

"Of course."  Evan nodded.  "See you tomorrow."  


"We just got here..."  Aziraphale said as soon as they were out in the hallway.  

"Yes, and interrupted our son's time with his girlfriend.  A girlfriend that is serious enough to be introduced to his parents."  Crowley replied.  Aziraphale was quiet and then nodded.  

"Oh yes.  Okay.  You're right.  Leaving was the best choice."  Aziraphale smiled a little.  

"And now I am completely outnumbered."  Crowley made a face.  She did enjoy having a daughter, but she was good with whatever made her child happy.  

"I wonder if the others have the same abilities."  Aziraphale commented.  

"It's something we'll have to discuss with all of them.  Either way, our child seems to be happy in the body he's in and that's what matters.  Now, you might not be hungry but I haven't eaten in quite a while and I am starting to need at least a nibble."  Crowley said.  Of course, for her, having not eaten in quite a while was a considerably longer amount of time than it would be for humans.  

"Yes, let's go find something to eat."  Aziraphale hooked his arm with Crowley's and the two of them walked down the street looking for something suitable to munch on.  

Comments

Popular Posts